An expanded edition deals with game director Persona 4 Golden.
Game director of Persona 5 Royal Daiki Ito and producer Kazuhisa Wada gave an interview to the Japanese edition of Famitsu, in which they told you what to expect from reprinting the Atlus role-playing game.
- Royal got this subtitle, because the developers wanted to reflect their desire to release a “great game.”
- It will be a bit easier to get experience points in Royal – this is how the authors adjusted the pace of passage.
- With an additional third semester chapter, developers want to exceed the expectations of those who played Persona 4 Golden.
- The new companion Kasumi is designed to help look at the history and already well-known characters from the other side – her level of confidence in the Joker will also be increased.
- In addition to Kasumi and Maruki, another character, which, however, will not be in the team of Ghost Reavers, other new heroes will appear in the expanded version.
- In the reissue there will be a scene where an unknown “nice guy” sleeps in the same bed as the Joker. Fans suggest that we are talking about the cat Morgan in his human form.
- It will not be possible to transfer the save from the basic version of the game to the extended one, however, players will receive a bonus for them.
- Royal includes 20 new songs.
Persona 5 Royal will be released in Japan on October 31, and in the West release is expected only in 2020 – so far without an exact date.
Earlier, Atlus also announced Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers – a game in the style of Dynasty Warriors, which will be released not only on PS4, but also on Nintendo Switch.