The best graphics expectedly provided by the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, and the worst – the standard Xbox One.
Specialists of the technical department of Eurogamer tested the “royal battle” of Apex Legends on PS4 and Xbox One, as well as on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. We selected the main thing from the report.
- The worst performance and graphics showed version of Apex Legends for Xbox One. The game intermittently hung, and the frame rate dropped to 30 per second with a target of 60. The resolution in the Xbox One version ranges from 648p to 720p, but may decrease even more.
- Standard PS4 has provided much higher rates – the resolution of the game practically does not fall below 720p and usually keeps at the maximum level – 1080p. Apex Legends is quite stable on PS4 at 60 fps – the frame rate only occ asionally drops to 50 frames per second.
- The most impressive results in terms of graphics showed Xbox One X and PS4 Pro. Compared to standard PS4 and Xbox One, both consoles have higher detailing and anti-aliasing, as well as the quality of shadows and the range of their drawing. In addition to the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, background shading works, which was not in Titanfall 2 and which does not work when playing Apex Legends on standard PS4 and Xbox One.
- Apex Legends resolution on the PS4 Pro varies in the range of 1080-1440p, but on average it is kept at 1080p. Sometimes the resolution may drop to 900p. On Xbox One, the game usually works in resolutions up to 1260-1292p.
- PS4 Pro turned out to be more stable in terms of frame rates, which provides 60 fps. Experts from Digital Foundry a little more often saw a drop in frame rates on the Xbox One X, but concluded that overall, the Apex Legends gameplay is felt smoother on the Microsoft console than on the PS4 Pro.
Apex Legends was released on February 4 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. For three days in the “royal battle” played 10 million users.